Sunday, January 24, 2016

Rediscovering Astavakragita



When I read the Astavakra Gita the first time I was completely smitten. But I am re-reading it now and find finer fibres of understanding that's magical. I could write reams or put across its magic in a few words. I am going to attempt the latter: the more popular philosophical texts advice us how to be pure or give directions on how to reach this state. Or they unravel  the trajectory  towards that state. But this tiny text book says,  "You are pure."  That you do not need to struggle. That bit is over. Wow. What a mindblowing idea..there is nothing to do any more!
Chapter 19, verse 8:
"To talk about the three ends of life is needless,to talk about yoga is purposeless, and even talk about wisdom  is irrelevant for me who repose in the Self. "



Posted via Blogaway


No comments: